We want to sing the love of danger, the habit of energy and rashness. The essential elements of our blogging will be courage, audacity and revolt. Blogging has up to now magnified pensive immobility, ecstasy and slumber. We want to exalt movements of aggression, feverish sleeplessness, the double march, the perilous leap, the slap and the blow with the fist. We declare that the splendor of the world has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing automobile with its bonnet adorned with great tubes like serpents with explosive breath ... a roaring motor car which seems to run on machine-gun fire, is more beautiful than the Victory of Samothrace. We want to sing the man at the wheel, the ideal axis of which crosses the earth, itself hurled along its orbit. The blogger must spend himself with warmth, glamour and prodigality to increase the enthusiastic fervor of the primordial elements. Beauty exists only in struggle. There is no masterpiece that has not an aggressive character. Blogging must be a violent assault on the forces of the unknown, to force them to bow before man. Standing on the world's summit we launch once again our insolent challenge to the stars!
Ask me anything
- 1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
2. Are you outgoing or shy?
3. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
4. Are you easy to get along with?
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now?
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
15. What good thing happened this summer?
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
19. Do you like bubble baths?
20. Do you like your neighbors?
21. What are you bad habits?
22. Where would you like to travel?
23. Do you have trust issues?
24. Favorite part of your daily routine?
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with?
26. What do you do when you wake up?
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
30. Do you ever want to get married?
31. If your hair long enough for a pony tail?
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with?
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports? What sports?
35. Would you rather live without TV or music?
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
38. Describe your dream girl/guy?
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in?
40. What do you want to do after high school?
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean?
43. Do you smile at strangers?
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean?
45. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
46. What are you paranoid about?
47. Have you ever been high?
48. Have you ever been drunk?
49. Have you done anything recently that you hope nobody finds out about?
50. What was the colour of the last hoodie you wore?
51. Ever wished you were someone else?
52. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
53. Favourite makeup brand?
54. Favourite store?
55. Favourite blog?
56. Favourite colour?
57. Favourite food?
58. Last thing you ate?
59. First thing you ate this morning?
60. Ever won a competition? For what?
61. Been suspended/expelled? For what?
62. Been arrested? For what?
63. Ever been in love?
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss?
65. Are you hungry right now?
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends?
67. Facebook or Twitter?
68. Twitter or Tumblr?
69. Are you watching tv right now?
70. Names of your bestfriends?
71. Craving something? What?
72. What colour are your towels?
72. How many pillows do you sleep with?
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
74. How many stuffed animals do you think you have?
75. Favourite animal?
76. What colour is your underwear?
77. Chocolate or Vanilla?
78. Favourite ice cream flavour?
79. What colour shirt are you wearing?
80. What colour pants?
81. Favourite tv show?
82. Favourite movie?
83. Mean Girls or Mean Girls 2?
84. Mean Girls or 21 Jump Street?
85. Favourite character from Mean Girls?
86. Favourite character from Finding Nemo?
87. First person you talked to today?
88. Last person you talked to today?
89. Name a person you hate?
90. Name a person you love?
91. Is there anyone you want to punch in the face right now?
92. In a fight with someone?
93. How many sweatpants do you have?
94. How many sweaters/hoodies do you have?
95. Last movie you watched?
96. Favourite actress?
97. Favourite actor?
98. Do you tan a lot?
99. Have any pets?
100. How are you feeling?
101. Do you type fast?
102. Do you regret anything from your past?
103. Can you spell well?
104. Do you miss anyone from your past?
105. Ever been to a bonfire party?
106. Ever broken someone’s heart?
107. Have you ever been on a horse?
108. What should you be doing?
109. Is something irritating you right now?
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
111. Do you have trust issues?
112. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
113. What was your childhood nickname?
114. Have you ever been out of your province/state?
115. Do you play the Wii?
116. Are you listening to music right now?
117. Do you like chicken noodle soup?
118. Do you like Chinese food?
119. Favourite book?
120. Are you afraid of the dark?
121. Are you mean?
122. Is cheating ever okay?
123. Can you keep white shoes clean?
124. Do you believe in love at first sight?
125. Do you believe in true love?
126. Are you currently bored?
127. What makes you happy?
128. Would you change your name?
129. What your zodiac sign?
130. Do you like subway?
131. Your bestfriend of the opposite sex likes you, what do you do?
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
133. Favourite lyrics right now?
134. Can you count to one million?
135. Dumbest lie you ever told?
136. Do you sleep with your doors open or closed?
137. How tall are you?
138. Curly or Straight hair?
139. Brunette or Blonde?
140. Summer or Winter?
141. Night or Day?
142. Favourite month?
143. Are you a vegetarian?
144. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
145. Tea or Coffee?
146. Was today a good day?
147. Mars or Snickers?
148. What’s your favourite quote?
149. Do you believe in ghosts?
150. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page? (via mostlypoptarts)
I really like Kill la Kill. I’ve been a big Hiroyuki Imaishi (and general Gainax) fan for years—I love his over-the-top humor, his art style, just really his sensibilities in general. And I L O V E D Panty and Stocking, so I was really excited from the beginning to see him handle another female-fronted show.
I can’t pretend I wasn’t kind of disappointed by the fanservice. The promo material (that I saw, anyway) only showed Satsuki and Ryuko in their non-activated kamui, so I felt…blindsided, honestly, especially by episode 3. Like, it was SUCH an awesome shonen-style battle sequence, the kind you rarely see between women in anime—but every other shot is of their bare asses or jiggling boobs. And yeah, I know, the dudes are scantily clad now too, but it really isn’t comparable—they’re not getting the slow, luscious pans over their naked bodies, the lovingly shot incest sex scenes, the the endless upskirt shots.
But I still really enjoy it. I find Kill la Kill relentlessly, massively entertaining—it’s just fun and funny and exciting and because it’s Imaishi, I’m totally into every excess it indulges. It’s not like I haven’t had to deal with this kind of stuff in media before—I would love the show more if it weren’t the T&A fest it is, but y’know, it is what it is. It’s not like I (and also everyone else who cares about this stuff) don’t have practice enjoying things that fall short of a Perfect Feminist 10. It’s fun and wild and it hits my anime id.
Regarding the theories and analyses of the show’s ~deep meaning~…well, I mean, hey, if you wanna read into it like that, you can, I won’t stop you. I mean, look at me and Sailor Moon, right? But personally, I don’t connect with any of those ideas—I enjoy Kill la Kill as fun, high-energy, largely uncomplicated entertainment and I’m fine with that. I think there’s a desire from a lot of fans on tumblr and similarly-minded places to have every piece of media they enjoy line up with their politics, because if it doesn’t it is Problematic Garbage That Should Be Shunned and I just think that’s an untenable position. We can like things that are not 100% progressive and representative of our morals. We can acknowledge these flaws and still enjoy the thing in question. We also need to be okay with people who dislike the things we like BECAUSE of said flaws—we all have our individual limits! We just gotta respect each other and talk about these issues.
So yeah. I like Kill la Kill, but I totally get why a lot of people don’t. I think it’s fun. Honestly, one of the reasons I love it is because of its female-dominated cast—it’s a great example of why labeling things along a binary of Perfectly Feminist and Horrible Garbage is largely a futile exercise. :p